Monday, September 6, 2010

AVOID SAYING THESE THINGS


Source: Graham Corporation

•“They didn’t get back to me”. Or, “They are getting back to me”. Both are equally disastrous. Expecting someone to get back to you stops the action. Take the initiative.

•“I thought someone else was taking care of that”. Excuses indicate a roadblock to action. Always ask question to keep things moving.

•“No one ever told me”. Let a supervisor hear you talk this way very often and you will have made a very clear statement about the way you work. You operate in a tunnel, oblivious to everything that is going on around you.

•“I didn’t have time”. And don’t bother with “I was too busy”, either. If you find yourself saying things like this, you are writing your employment obituary.

• “I didn’t think to ask about that”. The inability to see down the road may indicate that you lack the ability to understand and grasp relationship.

The message in business today is clear. The only measure
for success is performance. Whatever the roadblocks,
its your job to remove them. If not, you’ll be perceived
as one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment